Thursday, August 29, 2013

ME

                          Hello there! Welcome to my blog. If you're reading this, you must be wondering "Who  is this mysterious man behind the keyboard, typing up these blogs? Surely he couldn't be a sophomore making a blog for his English II class!?" Well first of all, don't call me Shirley. And secondly, YES! You've come to the right place my friend. The name's Rameez. 'Round these parts they  call me Big Ramses. Now lets get to the point, the Parmesan on a warm plate of pasta, the reason you're reading this. Its time to talk about me. 


                         I'll start with my hobbies and interests. I play Jazz piano, and am currently in the Jazz combo at Whitney. We're actually playing at the Jazz festival this Saturday, so feel free to join. I've also dibbled and dabbled with other instruments, such as saxophone and guitar. Other hobbies I've had over the last few years include playing video games, making electronic music, reading, drawing, and collecting various things. Once I become good enough at Jazz, I'll try and make albums of Jazz arrangements for video game music (because video game music is pretty rad). I've played sports before, and was on a softball team once, but I was never really into it. A few things I want to improve on this year would be my magic tricks, and my owl call. Travel has also been a pretty huge part of my life. I've been to Mexico, France, Serbia, and some other states around Illinois. This summer I went to Pakistan (My dad's side of the family lives there) and it was pretty eye opening and amazing. I've learned that no matter how much you hear about a country, nothing will prepare you for the culture shock over there. On another note, a couple things about me that I think are good to know are that that I am a pretty silly guy, and am rarely serious. I find that joking about having a five page paper due the next day is better than worrying about it. I'll have to do the paper either way, so might as well make a joke out of it. I try and take things one step at a time, not planning too many steps in advance (that's why I'm terrible at chess) because i feel that a little spontaneity keeps life fresh and interesting. On to more pressing matters, my favorite shows would probably be "The Office" "Community" or "Psych."

                   Well I think I've covered all the important things here... bye bye!

1 comment: