Sunday, November 17, 2013

I Celebrate myself




            Celebrating yourself and who you are can be a very though thing to do at times. You really need to realize who you are, and you have to accept it. The famous phrase “Be Yourself” is a very simple way to celebrate yourself, as you are being you, and not someone else. While I’d like to think that I’m always being myself, I’ve acted in ways that I definitely consider not like me. I guess as the years go by, I find my opinions on everything changing and changing. Something I found funny years ago might now seem obnoxious or annoying, and sometimes vice versa. I guess celebrating yourself is accepting everything about who you are. It’s about realizing your strengths and your weaknesses, and accepting them. Social norms are important, but it’s not a strict code for how every human should live their life. Individuality is the most important thing to have for celebrating yourself. For me, expressing myself through music is how I tend to celebrate myself. The feeling of finally learning a tough song is extremely rewarding, and I hope to leave a mark on the music industry someday.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your statement about everything changing but I feel that no matter who you were, who you are, and what you will be never change because its like you said, your individuality is the reason you celebrate yourself. If your past, present, and future self never change then you have a true reason to celebrate your uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete